Sources: Top Ten Real Estate Deals | Concierge Auctions |All Things Michael
Michael Jackson called it “Wonderland” and his daughter said it was “Candyland.” This 10-acre compound in a Las Vegas neighborhood of casino owners, entertainers and royalty (Wayne Newton lives nearby and the Sultan of Brunei was once a neighbor) was designed to be a secure and safe haven for a family, a memorable experience for their guests and a place to safely enjoy their expensive hobbies. This was its appeal to Michael Jackson, who had sights on a Las Vegas residency show and, according to Las Vegas media, had toured the home several times. Jackson was planning on making an offer on the home when he returned from his This Is It London residency show scheduled to run through early 2010. However, Michael died just three weeks before the start of the tour.
Completed in 1994 for Nevada casino and resort developer Gary Primm, the compound was designed for luxury, but security was Mr Primm’s biggest concern. Primm is a big-game hunter and car collector including the “Bonnie and Clyde Death Car” that he has displayed at several of his casinos. The home was completed soon after Las Vegas casino developer Steve Wynn’s daughter, Kevyn, was kidnapped from the kitchen of their Las Vegas home. Primm was worried about the safety of his two children and designed the home with a 10-foot wall surrounding the property and three gates that can be controlled by the owner, eliminating the need for round-the-clock guards. Throughout are security tunnels, bulletproof doors, secret rooms with entries disguised as walls or cabinets, and a panic room with an oxygen supply and separate underground phone lines.
The Primm Ranch includes a main estate house with 15,000 square feet, a guest villa, grotto villa, staff quarters, horse trainer quarters, equestrian barn, arena, pens and pastures, a dog villa, grotto pool with spa, waterfall and slide, all surrounded by lush lawns and palms. There is also a garage/car showroom that will house 20 cars with its own gas station for diesel and unleaded fuels, a car wash with deionized water and mechanic’s lift. With a total living area of over 21,000 square feet, there are 10 bedrooms and 19 baths. Highlights include a beauty salon, trophy room with recorded animal sounds, driving range, 5,000-bottle wine cellar, theater, casino room, gym and sauna. The grounds include a greenhouse, outdoor kitchen adjacent to the pool with a bar and guest suite accessed under the waterfall and a tennis court. Equestrian facilities include stalls for ten horses with training and riding areas. According to the listing agent, Jackson planned on converting the home’s underground shooting range into a recording studio.
An ideal estate for a high profile family, whether a high roller, top-name entertainer or anyone of means who demands luxury in a secure environment and enjoys living in or often visiting the internationally renowned resort city of Las Vegas. The largest city in the tax-free haven state of Nevada, also known as “The Entertainment Capital of the World,” it is well-known for its plethora of world-class entertainment, dining, gambling and cultural experiences.
Currently listed at $14.5 million, Primm Ranch, Michael Jackson’s choice for a secure luxury estate with every amenity for raising his children and entertaining guests, will go up for auction on October 10th with no reserve.
Welcome to Fabulous
This estate exemplifies classic Las Vegas at its best. Lush grounds and a gorgeous main residence with grandiose amenities conceal that this property was constructed as a fortress that even a Grammy legend found alluring.
- 15,000sf main residence with 5 bedrooms, 6 full and 3 half bathrooms
- 3,000sf guest villa // 1,500sf caretakers quarters
- 23 interior rooms in the main residence including beauty salon, trophy room with wet bar, three private suites, and multi-floor elevator access
- Master suite with His-and-Hers bathrooms // Walk-in closets, gym, steam, and sauna
- Unique security features including underground tunnels, hidden interior passages, and 10ft exterior walls
- Tax-friendly Nevada // No corporate, personal, inheritance or estate income taxes
Built to Entertain
Whether indoors or outdoors, the entire estate provides a number of fantastic venues and activities for entertaining the few or the many — making The Primm Ranch one of the hottest and most exclusive experiences off the strip.
- Gourmet kitchen and separate formal dining room
- Screening room with a purified air system and 5,000-bottle wine cellar and tasting room
- Tropical pool and spa with waterslides and a backsplash of caves with majestic waterfalls that conceal a large grotto bar and guest suite
- Casino game room with a full-sized wet bar, fireplace, pool table, and lounging area
- Soundproofed, underground shooting range accessed by concealed tunnel
- Automated golf driving range with three separate teeing spaces
Whether your passion is in the form of literal or figurative horsepower, indulge with the property’s state-of-the-art car collector’s paradise and equestrian facilities. These features exemplify the compound’s expansive ability to conform to the most sophisticated hobbyist’s whims.
- Horse stables include four indoor stalls, four indoor/outdoor stalls, two pasture stalls and a two-stall wash bay
- Pastures // 100 x 200 square foot arena // 100sf round pen for lounging, and 500sf trainer’s quarter with one full and one half bath
- Spectacular 2000sf, 20-car showroom with an underground tunnel to the main residence
- Deionized-water carwash and power-lifts for on-site vehicle maintenance
- Two gas stations to support both diesel and unleaded fuel options